Smyrna, TN – Murfreesboro Medical Clinic announces the opening of their newest MMC Now Family Walk-In Clinic in Smyrna. The new facility opens on October 1 and is located in Lee Village at 1630 Lee Victory Parkway, Suite 4-A. All MMC Now locations are open Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
No appointment is necessary. However, as an added feature to minimize patient waiting times, the Walk-In Clinics are utilizing InQuicker, an online self-scheduler that allows patients to check in and receive estimated treatment times.
MMC Now Family Walk-In Clinics are convenient care clinics that allow patients to see a provider seven days a week, without making an appointment. Each facility provides care for the entire family, ages 18 months and up. Patients receive the care they need for almost all acute health issues. When necessary, patients are referred to an appropriate specialist the next day or immediately, depending on the illness or injury.
Staffed by Certified Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants, MMC Now Clinics treat most minor injuries and illnesses, including:
- Respiratory: Allergy Symptoms, Cough/Cold/Flu, Acute Bronchitis, Mild Asthma Symptoms, Breathing Treatments, Nebulizer Treatments
- ENT & Eyes: Pink Eye, Vision Screening, Earache/Ear Infections, Swimmer’s Ear, Ear Wax Removal, Strep Throat/Sore Throat, Sinus Infection, Mononucleosis
- Skin, Hair, & Nails: Acne, Rashes, Shingles, Hives/Itching, Poison Ivy/Oak, Sunburn, Ringworm, Athlete’s Foot, Impetigo, Minor Skin Infections, Tick & Insect Bites/Stings, Eczema, Wart Removal, Nail Fungus, Cuticle Infections, Ingrown Toenail Infections, Head Lice, Scalp Infections, Oral/Mouth Cold Sores
- Gastrointestinal: Nausea & Vomiting, Diarrhea, Constipation, Abdominal Pain, GERD/Reflux/Indigestion
- Other Minor Illnesses: Fever, Gout, Urinary Tract Infections, Headache & Migraines, Bursitis, Bladder Infections, Minor Sprains & Strains
- Onsite Testing: Flu A & B, Strep, Mononucleosis, Urinalysis, Pregnancy Testing, Blood Glucose Testing
- Injection Services: Steroid, Antibiotic, Toradol, and Phenergan Injections
- Vaccinations (Age 7 & Up): Tdap (Tetanus & Diphtheria), Hep A & B, Meningococcal, Varicella, Flu Shots & Flu Mist, Pneumonia, Shingles, HPV
- Other Services: School/Camp/Sports Physicals, Vision Screening, Motion Sickness Prevention, Epi-pen Renewals, Blood Pressure Screening, Travel Medications & Counseling, Tobacco Cessation, Suture & Staple Removal
"Our staff of highly-skilled Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants regularly treats all kinds of non-life threatening conditions at the Walk-In facilities," said MMC CEO, Joey Peay. "While they MMC Now Clinics are not for life-threatening situations, they are definitely a more convenient and cost effective option than the emergency room."
MMC Now Family Walk-In Clinics are a smart choice considering the lower co-pays and immediate care when compared to emergency rooms. The Walk-In Clinic accepts almost all major insurance health plans. For those without insurance, MMC Now offers a self-pay option allowing patients to pay with cash, Visa, or MasterCard for services rendered.
MMC Now in Smyrna is located in Lee Village at 1630 Lee Victory Parkway, Suite 4-A (615-459-4159). Two additional facilities are located in Murfreesboro in the Kroger Shopping Center at 2042 New Lascassas Pike (615-867-8000) and in the Publix Shopping Center at 2658 New Salem Highway (615-867-8001). Visit mmclinic.com for more information regarding MMC Now Walk-In Clinics.