During this difficult time, more people are experiencing anxiety than usual. It is important to know the symptoms so that you can learn to better cope with it and get the help you need, if necessary.
Symptoms of Anxiety:
1. Feeling nervous or on edge
2. Not being able to stop the worrying, worry about different things
3. Trouble relaxing
4. Restlessness, easily annoyed or irritable
5. Afraid something awful may happen
1. Develop a support system: Select close family or friends to be your support system. Interact with them regularly via phone call, FaceTime, Zoom, etc. Maintain social interactions despite physical distancing.
2. Establish a regular sleep routine. Stick with it despite being at home. Consistency is key.
3. Eat healthy foods. Establish a regular exercise routine/free online classes. Get outside and enjoy the sunshine.
4. Pick a new hobby or project that interests you. There are many free online courses being offered.
5. Turn off the news, social media and relax. Stretch and meditate. Get your updates twice daily from reputable sources.
6. Be kind to yourself and others.
Remember that your healthcare provider at MMC is still here for you and would be happy to see you or discuss your symptoms over a telehealth visit if needed.