has become an epidemic
Has this affected your child?
Did you know...
- Tennessee has the 5th highest rate of childhood obesity in the U.S.
- Since 1980, obesity among children and adolescents has almost tripled
- Nearly 1 in 3 children in America are overweight or obese
- Children from 8 to 18 years old spend an average of 7.5 hours a day using entertainment media
- Overweight children are more often the targets of bullies
- Approximately 160,000 children a day stay home from school because they are afraid of being bullied