If you are suffering from varicose veins, swollen legs or throbbing heavy tired legs you may be suffering from venous reflex disease. Traditionally these problems were treated with compression stockings, ligation and stripping or stab avulsions. These open surgical procedures are painful and need anesthesia with 1-2 weeks downtime for return to normal activities.
At the MMC Vein Center, we perform minimally invasive Endovenous radiofrequency ablation therapy procedures and ultrasound guided sclerotherapy in the office under local anesthesia with excellent results with very minimal morbidity. Patients can return to their normal activities in a day or two. We have performed more than 3000 procedures in the past 10 years with excellent results.
Murfreesboro Medical Clinic’s Vascular Surgery Department is made up of three Board Certified Vascular Surgeons, with superior skills in both open and endovascular surgical procedures.
VARICOSE VEIN TREATMENT
The VNUS Closure procedure is performed on an outpatient basis. Using ultrasound, the Closure Catheter is positioned into the diseased vein, through a small opening in the skin. The tiny catheter delivers radiofrequency energy to the vein wall. As the RF energy is delivered and the catheter is withdrawn, the vein wall is heated causing the collagen in the wall to shrink and the vein to close. Once the diseased vein is closed, blood is re-routed to the healthy veins.
The Closure procedure enjoys widespread health insurance coverage.
MMC Vascular Surgery and Vein Center Offers VenaSeal™
VenaSeal™ is a minimally invasive in-office procedure that improves the blood flow to the affected veins. This new, innovative treatment option eliminates the need for anesthesia, compression stockings and invasive surgical procedures. Patients treated with VenaSeal™ experience less discomfort, bruising and downtime. Many patients are often able to resume normal activities by the next day.
Watch as Drs. Chatman, Gowda and Bensley share more about this treatment option for varicose veins and venous reflux disease.
Most insurance companies and Medicare cover these procedures.
Our group coverage system allows us to be available to meet our patient’s needs 24 hours a day, 365 days per year for emergency care.VASCULAR LAB (ULTRASOUND)
We have three Registered Vascular Technicians that perfors non-invasive diagnostic testing for all vascular surgical problems in a full fledged Vascular Lab. We emphasize in disease prevention, risk factor evaluation, modification and patient education.
* Non-invasive Arterial, Venous, Aortic, Renal and Carotid Doppler Evaluation for diagnosis of vascular problems.
PROCEDURES ROUTINELY PERFORMED
- Carotid Endarterectomy and Carotid Angioplasty with Stenting for the prevention of stroke
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm repair (Endovascular & Conventional Open Repair)
- Open and Endovascular management of visceral and renal artery problems
- Vascular Access for Hemodialysis (open and percutaneous techniques)
- Diagnostic Arteriography and various percutaneous techniques for peripheral arterial disease (Laser Atherectomy, Angioplasty, Cryoplasty, and Stenting)
- Arterial bypasses for limb salvage
- Treatment of spider veins by injection sclerotherapy
- Diabetic foot infection and evaluation of non-healing wounds