PROVIDING COMPLETE MEDICAL CARE OF THE HEAD AND NECK INCLUDING SURGICAL PROCEDURES AND COMPLETE AUDIOMETRIC SERVICES
The physicians of the Otolaryngology (ENT) department at Murfreesboro Medical Clinic, are providing services to treat illnesses related to the head and neck. ENT's philosophy is to attempt maximal medical management of the illnesses. If necessary, effective and current surgical treatment options are offered to address these illnesses and restore patients to the usual state of good health.
WHAT DOES AN OTOLARYNGOLOGIST DO?
A board-certified Otolaryngologist has been trained in medical and surgical skills to treat these medical problems associated with the head and neck:
- Skin & Face – including cancer, cosmetic surgery (rhinoplasty), and rehabilitation of facial paralysis.
- Nose & Sinuses – including allergy, difficult to treat sinus infections, breathing, cancer, cosmetic surgery and reconstruction, and disorders of taste and smell.
- Ears – including balance disorders, infections, cancer, repair of external ear deformities, and hearing loss.
- Mouth – including diseases of the mouth and repair of birth defects.
- Throat & Voice Box – including swallowing and breathing problems, infections, cancers, birth defects, speech and voice diagnostics and therapy.
- Neck – including tumors of the thyroid and parathyroid glands, saliva-producing glands and other neck tumors/cancers.
- Sleep disorders
Among the various services offered by our Otolarynogology department are Audiological services. In addition to our doctors, we have a licensed and certified Audiologist on staff. The Audiologist uses the most advanced technology available to test the hearing of patients ranging in age from our senior population to babies just a few days old. The most advanced hearing aids available are also offered at competitive prices. Finally, Videonystagmography testing is offered to help diagnose disorders that may make our patients dizzy, off balance, or lightheaded.
SOME OF THE SERVICES OFFERED
Hearing testing – including Pure Tones, Bone Conduction, Speech Reception Thresholds, and Speech Discrimination
Pediatric hearing testing – including Visual Reinforcement audiometry, Conditioned Play audiometry, pure tone testing, bone conduction testing, speech reception/discrimination testing, Otoacoustic Emissions (OAE), and Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) (sedated if necessary).
- Hearing Aids – conventional, programmable, and digital.
- Dizziness/Balance testing – including Videonystagmography and Electronystagmography testing.
- Auditory Brainstem Response testing
- Custom made hearing products we offer through Westone include Swim Plugs, hearing protection for musicians, loud hobbies, industrial workers, hunters, and all recreational activities including concerts and loud sporting events such as racing.
- Assistive listening devices (TV and telephone amplifiers, alerting/warning devices, etc.)
- Custom fit swim plugs